My journey with SharePoint has not been without its stumbling blocks. Whenever I encounter one, I hit Lord Google for the answers. Here are a few of the best resource sites I have found so far. I use most of these resources on a weekly basis.
- SharePoint 2010 – Administration - Todd Klindt
- InfoPath 2010 and Workflows – Wonder Laura
- SharePoint 2010 – Search and Social Networking – Matt McDermott
- SharePoint 2010 – User Profile Sync – Spencer Harbar – www.harbar.net
- SharePoint 2010 - Forums - SharePoint.StackExchange.com
- SharePoint 2010 - NetCasts – Todd Klindt
- SPTechCon – Boston July 22-25, 2012
You will find many of the above resources at this event. They host sessions in many uses of SharePoint. I’m planning on being there!
- Microsoft SharePoint Conference – Las Vegas November 12-15, 2012
This is THE Microsoft Event to attend for SharePoint. I’m hoping to attend this one as well.
Critical Path – SharePoint 2010 Administrator Survival Camp
I was able to attend this class with Matt McDermott as the instructor in Houston, TX. It was a great experience and I can’t say enough great things about Matt, CriticalPath and the content of the training. There are several instructors that teach this course from CriticalPath. I recommend checking into their area of expertise and see who has their concentration in the realm of what you and your company are interested in doing with SharePoint.
- SharePoint Designer – Download 32-bit or Download 64-bit
- Miis Client - ”C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\Synchronization Service\UIShell\miisclient.exe”
The miisclient.exe application is a great tool when you are troubleshooting User Profile Synchonization issues in SharePoint 2010. This application is run from your application server in your farm. You should find it in the link shown above.
I hope you find these references useful. Please feel free to comment on other resources that you find useful as well!